Todd Events is known for their elegantly bold style and flawless execution. From invitation design to full event production, they do it all. There’s no event too big nor too small for Todd Events. One of the things we love about Todd Events is their ability to turn an empty ballroom into a warm, inviting space or a backyard into an oasis. Recently we had the opportunity to work alongside Event Producer Angela Stone on a real, Texas sized wedding for Mikal and Chris. We witnessed the magic of their big day that could only be pulled off by the incredibly talented Todd Events team. Their creativity is limitless and they will go to unbelievable heights to make a client’s vision come to life.
We caught up with Angela and asked her a few fun questions…
1. What do you like to do when you are not creating fabulous weddings?
I love reading, spending time with my nieces and nephews and tandem skydiving when I can find the time.
2. What is playing on your iPod right now?
Daughtry’s latest album, Baptized. I love every song on it.
3. If you could have dinner with 2 people, dead or alive, who would it be?
Any of my family and friends that I don’t get to see often enough. Even though time passes between visits, it’s always like we just saw each other the day before.
4. What is the one thing, besides your phone, that you cannot leave the house without?
My physical Day Minder calendar, phone calendars just don’t work well for me.
5. Because we are in film industry, we have to know, what is your favorite movie of all time?
The Matrix. I got into it on a weekday afternoon when a planned meeting got cancelled. I hadn’t heard anything about it, so my mind was actually blown.
6. What made you want to become a wedding planner?
To be honest, I fell into it, but I absolutely love it!
7. What is your favorite thing about your job with Todd Events?
Every day is different, engaging and fascinating.
8. What has been your biggest accomplishment as a wedding planner?
I recently planned a wedding where I had more fun than I’ve ever had at a wedding, and that includes when I’ve been a guest! They were amazing clients, had fantastic guests and my team was spot on all night. It was as close to flawless as I’ve ever seen.
9. Are there any trends that you absolutely love and/or that you would rather say goodbye to?
I am often cold, so I love moto jackets because they can be tough yet feminine and are much more fun than a suit jacket. I had hoped that social media would be a trend, but it’s here to stay. I just don’t have the will or time to keep up with it the way I should.
10. Any advice for the newly engaged brides out there as they take their first steps in the planning for their big day?
There are a lot of steps and elements to planning a wedding, so when it’s not something you do every day, it can easily become overwhelming. Try to address specific elements at a time, in small doses, to keep from feeling that it’s all just too much. Obviously, the length of your time frame will have an effect, but typically there are a lot of things you can do in advance and then you’ll hit a bit of a lull until about one month out. Don’t let that lull stress you out, it’s normal and you should take advantage of it and relax a bit!